At Discounted Cleaning Supplies We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through our websites and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice.
- Controllers of Personal Information.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Collect?
- For What Purposes Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Process Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Links to Other Websites?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- Contacts, Notices and Revisions
- Related Practices & Information
Controllers of Personal Information
Discounted Cleaning Supplies, at 137 - 139 West Street, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 3HH (Company Number 07663214) are data controllers under GDPR of personal information collected and processed through our website. Details can be found here. Our Registration number with the Information Commissioners Office is ZA186516
What Personal Information About Customers Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to using our website. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of our offers or promotions.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve our products and Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our website. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our website.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend products, that might be of interest to you,
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For example, we collect VAT numbers from our business customers to ensure the VAT number is added to an invoice if it is a requirement.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Discounted Cleaning Supplies, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does Discounted Cleaning Supplies Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell our customers personal information to others. Discounted Cleaning Supplies shares customers' information only as described below and with controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you products provided by third parties. For example, you can order products from us but some items may be fulfilled by third parties through our distribution process
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Discounted Cleaning Supplies or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Discounted Cleaning Supplies and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Discounted Cleaning Supplies, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We do not store any of your credit card information on our site.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Please see our secure online shopping page
What About Third-Party and Links to Other Websites?
Discounted Cleaning Supplies may include links to other websites.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the Your Account section of the website. Click here for a list of examples that you can access.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain offers or services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Information You Can Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please remove yourself from our newsletter option.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our website, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Discounted Cleaning Supplies or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer for the above-mentioned data controllers can be contacted at [email protected]
Related Practices & Information
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use our website
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services;
- place an order online or over the phone
- provide information in your account
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket
- Participate in community features like customer reviews
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; corporate and financial information; credit history information; VAT numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we purchase from or sell to.
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access online include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications);
- payment settings;
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, and newsletters);
- shopping basket items;
- Your Profile.